How to Play Virtual Sports at Betfred – Betfred Promo Code
T&Cs apply | Wagering and T&Cs apply | Commercial content | New Customers Only | 18+
The virtual sports betting section at Betfred has first launched back in 2001 thanks to Inspired Gaming which is one of the most reputable casino software developers in the world. Since then, Betfred’s virtual sports section has rapidly gained popularity especially after the house upgraded to their customized platinum system in 2007. After the upgrade lovers of this kind of betting could easily self-schedule the virtual sporting events brand the backdrops of the games and even adjust the margins.
This means that the virtual environment feels more similar to that of an actual sports match. Just in case you don’t understand exactly how virtual sports works, we are going to cover the basics first so that you can understand what the game is first before betting on it. After that, we’ll show you easy steps to follow on how to play virtual sports at Betfred online.
What Is Virtual Sports?
Virtual sports are electronically generated versions of actual sports which are usually much shorter than the real game. At Betfred, virtual sporting events last somewhere between 2 and 4 minutes and they are relayed as a selection of scheduled fixed odds games (events) that use a random number generator to decide the outcome.
All the customers view the same schedules and outcomes the same way they do on casino games such as slot machines.
So, instead of actively placing wagers on real fixtures of football, tennis or horseracing tournaments, with real participants, virtual sports brings you an opportunity to place wagers on sports emulators. The odds and results are also generated by the computer.
After the match or event has finished, the results are published and any bet is settled. At Betfred, virtual sports betting can be done under ‘Virtual Sports’ on the main menu bar where you can place wagers on Horse Racing, Greyhounds, Football, Speedway, Boxing, Darts, Motor Racing, Cycling and Tennis; all virtual sports!
How To Place a Virtual Sports Bet at Betfred
Now, since you already understand how virtual sports work, below is a quick outline of how you can place your bet on an event.
- Choose the virtual sport that you want to wager on under the virtual sports menu. You cannot place your wager on an ongoing event, you will have to wait till the current even ends so that you can bet on the next games. Better yet you can place wagers on the upcoming fixtures, races or competitions.
- All the upcoming games are listed below the ongoing game that will be playing on the screen. On every selection that can be wager on, the value of odds is listed next to it together with the types of bets that you can place. For instance in races, you can bet on; Winner or E/W, Forecast and Tricast bets while on football, you can only wager on three outcomes, a win for either of the participating teams or a draw.
- Once you make your betting selections, there are going to be added automatically to your betting slip on the right hand of the screen. The slip will expand showing you your wagers and at the end of it, your total potential returns will be indicated after you enter the stake amount.
- After making all your selections and inputting your stake amount, click on the “place bet” button and cross your fingers as you enjoy the virtual simulation in enthralling suspense!
Basically, betting on virtual sports at Betfred is just the same as betting on regular sporting events but a little easier since less thinking and analysis involved.
Advantages of Virtual Sports Betting at Betfred
Just in case you were wondering why you should switch to playing virtual sports instead of sticking to actual sports, here are a few reasons.
- It is easy to play and you can win participate even if you don’t have the slightest idea of betting on sports.
- Since the events are shorter, you get your rewards quicker, for example; in real football, you must wait for 90 minutes (unless it’s a special live in-bet wager) while on virtual sports, you only wait for 4 minutes!
- It is a good place to start especially if you are a beginner practising on sports betting strategic tips.
- Playing your favourite games online in the virtual section at Betfred can be more cost-efficient since less hassles are involved and thus, you have a better chance of winning
- Virtual sporting competitions are completely free from biases that are caused by ‘match fixing’ for instance. Everything is controlled by a random number generator that guarantees fairness.
Of course, the thrill may not be as massive as the one that comes with watching and betting on real live sports but the benefits of virtual sports make it worth your while.
Virtual Sports Betting Promotions at Betfred
As you may already know, one of the many reasons why Betfred is popular among UK punters is due to its promotions for all types of online gamers. Here is a great offer that you should redeem in order to smoothen your virtual sports betting and increase your returns with less expenditure at Betfred: Matched first bets up to £35
18+. New Customers only. Only available to customers in the UK. First bet must be £10 or more at odds of evens (2.0) or greater. First bet must be placed on Scheduled Virtual Sports. Unspent balance of free bet will expire after 7 days. Full terms and conditions apply.